441 120th Ave.
Holland, Michigan 49424
Located between James St. and Lakewood Blvd.
Phone: (616) 738-3997
We are committed to providing you the best possible medical care, and this includes the accurate and transparent handling of your account. In order to provide an understanding between our patients and the practice, we have implemented the following financial policy. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our billing department at 877-582-9398. If you have questions about whether or not we participate with your insurance please contact our office prior to your appointment at 616-738-3997. For questions about your insurance coverage please contact your insurance company prior to your appointment.
It is always best to ask questions about your insurance coverage prior to having services performed.
- A drivers’ license is required to be shown at your visit to verify that we are providing services to the appropriate person and protect our patients from identity theft.
- For all services rendered to minor patients, the parent or guardian accompanying the minor on the first visit is responsible for expenses incurred.
- You will be responsible for all charges if you do not present current insurance information, or notify us of policy changes.
- You will be responsible for any charges associated with collection costs if your account goes to a collection agency due to an unpaid and overdue balance.
- We frequently perform surgical procedures that require lab work. We will bill your insurance for this lab work. A separate statement will be sent to you for any amount not paid for by your insurance.
Regarding Your Insurance
- Your insurance requires payment of copays at the time of service. We accept cash, check, money order, credit, or debit cards.
- You are responsible for any services that your insurance does not cover at the time of service.
- We will file an insurance claim with your insurance company if you provide us with your current insurance card at your visit. If your insurance company has not paid the claim within 45 days, you will be responsible for payment.
- Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company in which the doctor is not involved.
- You are responsible for any co-insurance or deductibles that your insurance requires.
- Please note: Because a service is “covered” by your insurance policy does not necessarily mean that your insurance company will pay for the service. Your insurance policy may have deductibles and/or co-insurance that must be met before they will pay for services. If you are unsure or your policy requirements, please contact your insurance company prior to your visit.
If you have no insurance, or if we do not participate with your plan:
- Payment for services is required at the time of service. We accept cash, check, money order, credit or debit cards.
- If you provide us with your current insurance information, we will file a claim with your insurance company as a courtesy.
- Under certain circumstances, we are willing to set up a payment plan. A payment plan should be established prior to receiving your care. Our usual collection practices will be implemented upon failure to meet any of the obligations of such a plan on time.
"No-Show / Cancellation Policy”
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, we request that you cancel at least 24 hours in advance. A minimum advance notice of 4 hours is required to avoid the fees below. These fees must be paid prior to rescheduling your appointment.
- Failure to arrive for your appointment, or failure to arrive at the appropriate time, is counted as a no-show.
- We make reminder calls as a courtesy, but it is your obligation to keep scheduled appointments, with or without a reminder.
- There is an expense incurred when you reserve scheduled time at this office. If you “no-show” or cancel your appointment in under 4 hours, you will be charged $25; the fee for each additional “no-show” or cancellation under 4 hours will increase by $25, to $50 and finally $75. Cancellations are ONLY accepted during office hours.
- Late Cancellations or No-Show’s for scheduled Full Body Skin Exams will incur a $50 FEE.
- These fees must be paid before you can schedule another appointment.
- If you fail to make any of these payments, we reserve the right to discharge you and all family members from our practice.
(please see our question and answer sheet regarding the use and storage of your payment card information)
We collect Credit Card or Debit Card information when you reserve an appointment. It will be charged for the following:
- No-Shows / Cancellations under 4 hours
- Non-payment of required Co-payments at the time of service for any reason, without sending a statement
- Balances past 60 days due, 2 statements will first be mailed to the address you provide on registration
- Pre-payment for services by cash or check can be substituted for payment card information
To view a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding the Use of Payment Card Information at Holland Dermatology please click here.